frequently asked questions - models
Does Art Catalyst Australia (ACA) hire models?
No, ACA is not a venue or school that employs models. It is a website with an online social network that promotes art sessions and art models seeking to announce themselves to artists, schools or other art networks.
Can ACA act as my modelling agency?
No, ACA does not book or manage bookings on behalf of models. Models listed on this site deal directly with clients who contact them using the contact information models have agreed to share on this website. Models then negotiate bookings with clients directly without involvement from ACA.
Do I have to provide a image for my model profile?
Yes, all model profiles are required to have at least one image that meets the guidelines detailed below.
What are the ACA image guidelines?
- Model image can be either 3/4, head only, or full length
- Images must have been taken within the last 12 months
- Image should be an artistic representation or depiction of you, such as a photograph, drawing, painting or sculpture
- Images of you do not have depict you nude, they can be images of you fully clothed
- Maximum file size is 8MB (per file)
- Image file types: JPG, JPEG, PNG
- Image size (pixels) - no less than 650 x 650pixels (can be larger)
- NB: Images not reflecting a serious creative pursuit or endeavour will not be accepted. ACA reserves the right to decline to publish an image which, in its view, does not meet the standards required of the ACA website.
Does ACA offer life model training?
ACA may, from time to time, run life model training sessions in collaboration with other groups or model trainers. For news about any training sessions please check out our news page.
Is there a standard art modelling fee?
We use the industry standard for modelling fees promoted by the The Life Model Society. This fee is currently $35 per hour for life modelling, with bookings made for a minimum of 2 hours. If long distance travel is involved then models may request additional compensation for their time. We encourage models and clients booking them to follow this as a guide for the benefit of all life models, however models are free to negotiate alternative rates if they are acceptable to them.
Do I have to share all my contact information?
The contact information you share is up to you. You can choose to share your phone number and / or email address only. Be aware though that the easier you are to contact the quicker it may be to obtain your next booking.